Achieving Lake City’s vision for local entrepreneurs, livable-wage employers, and diverse residents requires connecting residents to business owners, so together we can promote the diversity of our business community. This means a thoughtful and inclusive branding and communications effort that reaches our residents, benefits businesses, and raises awareness outside our community about the uniqueness that is Lake City – north of the Ship Canal.
A key aspect of this strategy will be to establish a robust newsletter with a calendar of events and promotions, blogs from within our community – immigrants, youth, seniors, families, etc. – and volunteer and community input opportunities. Our efforts will also include the promotion of Arts in Lake City.
- Harness the energy, interests, and passions of Lake City businesses, partner organizations, residents, and other stakeholders to bring everyone together in order to address common issues as a group.
- Celebrate the rich culture in Lake City with meaningful gatherings of diverse communities within Lake City.
- Listen to the community.
- Speak on behalf of Lake City with a strong voice to:
- be a visible and leading advocate for effective leadership in Lake City
- guide business retention and economic development
- enhance urban design and public spaces
- ensure community well-being
- promote the district
- Advocate for all businesses and residents, all income levels, and all needs, to make it possible for a diverse, vital, and inclusive community to live, work, and enjoy Lake City.
Create a vibrant and attractive business district where a mix of businesses can be incubated and small independent business owners can flourish. Our approach will include property and business owners and will be transparent. Elements include business attraction/retention, retail and small business growth, park activation, and business development. Guide action through market research, real estate and business inventories, catalytic development opportunities, and business education.